ownCloud 6.0 Admin Documentation¶
This is the administrators manual for ownCloud, a flexible, open source file sync and share solution. It comprises of the ownCloud server, as well as client applications for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (Desktop Client) and mobile clients for the Android and Apple iOS operating system.
This guide is targeted towards people who want to install, administer and optimize ownCloud Server. If you want to learn how to use the Web UI, or how to install clients on the server, please refer to the User Manual or the Desktop Client Manual respectively.
Structure of this document¶
The next chapters describes how to set up ownCloud Server on different platforms and operating systems, as well as how to update existing installations.
Further chapters will then detail on integrating ownCloud into your existing environment, e.g. how to setup LDAP or how to mount your storage.
This chapter will introduce you to the installation of ownCloud in different scenarios.
If you want to just try ownCloud in a virtual machine without any configuration, check the section Appliances, where you will find ready-to-use images.
This chapter covers ownCloud and web server configuration.
- Managing Apps
- User Management
- MySQL/Postgres/SQLite Support
- LDAP Authentication
- Driving Events with Cron
- Quota Calculation
- Custom Mount Configuration Web-GUI
- Custom Mount Configuration
- Background Jobs
- Sending Mail Notifications
- Automatic Configuration
- Using Server-Side Encryption
- Dealing with Big File Uploads
- Reverse Proxy Configuration
- Serving static files via web server
- Find Third-Party Libraries
- Custom User Backend Configuration
- Customizing Client Download Links
- Enable Maintenance Mode
- Disable Knowledge Base
- Configure Logging
- Setting the Default Language
- Resetting a Lost Admin Password
Finally, the chapter The Configuration File details on the switches
This chapter covers individual ownCloud apps.